Swedish Putty is an ultra-fine knifing filler for interior and exterior use on wood, metal, and wall surfaces. This product is intended to be a filler skim coat prior to applying the finish coat.
Before applying Swedish Putty, apply one coat of FPE Oil or ECO primer to the surface. Initial primer does not need to be sanded before applying the Swedish Putty. Once dry, Swedish Putty can be sanded to a glass-smooth finish, and Hollandlac or ECO can go directly on top of it.
👍 We recommend Swedish Putty for an ultra-smooth basecoat under FPE topcoats.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon/3.7 liters of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart/1 liter of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to 3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.