Sansin SDF tinted in natural or translucent colors adds only a tiny bit of color to enhance the natural beauty of the wood.
This stain is a tough, effective protection for wood siding. SDF’s specially formulated oils and resins penetrate deep into the wood providing outstanding weather and uv protection. SDF not only protects the wood from the outside but also allows wood to breathe which prevents moisture from getting trapped within. It can provide complete protection in just one coat (although a second coat will provide a more beautiful, richer finish).
🏆 SDF is our staff pick for siding stain on homes and structures. Especially in moisture-rich environments.
💡 If you're looking for a deeper, bolder color, check out SDF's saturated and ultra-saturated colors.
*A digital stain swatch is a rough estimation of the color. Color may vary depending on texture, grain, color, porosity and type of wood.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to 3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.